If you are studying for less than 6 months, you may need a Visitor’s visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) depending on which country you are from. Please check here the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website here for more details.

If you are a foreign students and you are studying for more than 6 months, you will need a study permit prior to your arrival in Canada. Please check here the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website here for more details.

You will need to present your valid passport, letter of acceptance from Tamwood, confirmation of accommodation, return airline ticket, proof of sufficient funds in the duration of your stay, any applicable visas or permits

In Vancouver

We recommend you purchase a “Compass Card” which will give you access to skytrains, ferry, and buses. You have the option to get a monthly pass or stored value for more flexibility. For more information please visit http://www.translink.ca/en/Fares-and-Passes/Compass-Card.aspx

In Whistler

We recommend you purchase a BC Transit Pass for Whistler depending on your commuting needs. For more information please visit https://bctransit.com/whistler/fares

In Toronto

We recommend you purchase the “Metro Pass” which will grant you access to subways, streetcars, and buses. For more information please visit https://ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Passes/Metropass/index.jsp

You can choose between staying with a homestay family, student residence or other accommodation options. Please see accommodations section of the website for more information.

If you request for an airport transfer, a Tamwood representative will meet you at the airport. The representative will be holding up a sign with your name so please look out for this. If you did not request for an airport transfer, you can use a taxi service or commute to your desired location.

Yes, you are eligible to open a bank account but may need proof that you are a student at Tamwood.

We advise you to come to Canada 1-3 days in advance of the course start date to give you enough time to rest and adjust. Course start dates occur every Monday so you should arrive between Friday to Sunday.

100% yes! Tamwood has a strict English only policy to encourage students to speak in English in school and outside of school. We will provide you with all the resources you’d need to guarantee your progress but will ask that you do your part too and practice English as much as you can.

Yes! You can browse activity schedules per location on the Activities section of our website. You can also speak to the Activity Coordinator if you want to sign up or participate in a more active role.

Students must notify the Campus Manager in writing at least 2 weeks prior to the planned vacation. Tamwood allows students to take one vacation break only if the enrolment period exceeds 12 weeks. The maximum vacation length is 2 weeks. There will be no refunds of the vacation weeks.

All students are required to have medical coverage upon arrival in Canada. If you request Tamwood to arrange for medical insurance, you will be insured through a company called Guard Me. Please contact your Tamwood representative for more information.