REQUIREMENTS TO BE A HOST
Host families at Tamwood are flexible, open-minded and communicative with our international students. This experience is a win-win situation for both host families and students to have intercultural interactions and experiences together.
1. Interactive Canadian Families: We make sure our host families interact with our students and share day to day activities with them.
2. Safety and Cleanliness: All our homestay families are located in safe neighborhoods. We select families who can offer clean and organized rooms in suitable conditions for the student to rest, study and feel at home.
3. Accessible locations to public transit: Accommodations need to be close to public transportation with a maximum commuting time of 45 minutes to the school. On the first day of school, hosts are encouraged to show students bus/train stops and how to use public transportation.
• A healthy, caring and amicable home environment
• House located no further than 45 minutes from the Campus
• 100% English environment
• One shared bathroom per maximum 3 students
• Have a bright, furnished room with a bed with clean linens (sheets, pillow, and blankets), private storage for the student’s belongings (such as a chest of• drawers or a closet), and access to a shared bathroom with clean towels and a quiet place to study, usually in their own room.
• Have an interest and desire to exchange friendly intercultural experiences with international students coming from various nationalities, backgrounds, gender, and ages.
• Willingness to offer 2 to 3 healthy meals per day
HOW TO APPLY TO HOST A STUDENT
|Complete homestay application online|
|Send a copy of the police record check of each adult living in the house (Language Canada Membership requires all Language Schools in Canada to follow the established Accommodation Standards. In order to ensure greater security for students in homestay, Member Programs require a Criminal Record Check (CRC) of each adult aged 18 or older usually resident in the homestay. Member Programs will obtain updated CRCs for each adult in a homestay every five years.)|
|If first two steps are met, our Homestay inspector will contact you directly to set up a visit to your home|
|Homestay family will be notified if all requirements have been met. The host family can then offer services to our students.|
Contact details of
|Telephone||+ 1 604 695 2818|
|Fax||+ 1 604 899 4481|