Tamwood is excited to begin welcoming the return of in-class instruction at our Vancouver campuses of Tamwood Language Centres and Tamwood Careers – effective June 29, 2020. We will open our other campuses in the coming months when the industry is allowed to re-open by the Ontario government.
Our priority is the safety and well-being of all students, staff and visitors; which means we are making changes to how we operate in accordance with the new health and safety guidelines outlined by the Provincial Health Officer and the provincial health and safety organizations.
Highlights of Tamwood’s COVID Safety Plan
- ‘Stay home when you are sick’ policy
- Increased cleaning and sanitization protocols
- New classroom layout to support physical distancing (changed desk arrangements) with smaller class sizes
- Blended Learning Model consisting of both in-class and online classes
- Classes will live-streamed for students who want to continue online studies
- Structured class and activity schedules to accommodate school capacity
- Removal of furniture and communal items (microwaves) in the common areas
- All staff and students required to maintain safe distance (2 meters min) at all times
- Monitoring for signs of cold, flu or related illness and instructions
- Increased signage and information on handwashing, coughing/sneezing technique
We look forward to seeing our students and colleagues again and thank everyone for their patience and support as we continue finalize the details of re-opening.