Tamwood Careers College and Capilano University are pleased to announce the signing of a Credit Transfer Agreement that allows Tamwood Careers students in the Essential Skills for Hospitality, Service and Tourism Programs to transfer into Capilano University’s Tourism Management Co-operative Education Diploma or Bachelor of Tourism Management Degree with advanced standing.
Tamwood students now have the opportunity to continue their tourism education in an internationally recognized Canadian University and in doing so, qualify for a Post Graduate Work Permit to work in Canada up to three years post graduation.
Students who successfully complete Tamwood Diploma program transfer 24 credits to Capilano and students who successfully complete the Tamwood Certificate transfer 18 credits to Capilano.
Filed under: Uncategorized Comments: Comments Off on Tamwood Careers College and Capilano University Announce New Pathway Partnership Agreement
1 Students can do paid work for 48 weeks in the Diploma program (27 weeks in the Certificate program) – students work part-time for the first 24 weeks study term and full-time for the second 24 co-op work week term.
Certificate and Diploma programs available in Whistler:
2. Tamwood offers guaranteed Co-op Placements for all students in the Diploma programs.
“During my program I earned seven certificates and learned from an amazing instructor. I doubt I would have had the confidence to get a job at the Four Seasons in Whistler without Tamwood .”
-Chia Ying, Taiwan
Diploma in Food and Beverage Co-op
3. There are more jobs than workers in Whistler so students get great jobs and earn an average hourly wage of $17/hour.
4. Most jobs include employment perks such as: Free ski pass / Staff housing / Staff Meals / Medical benefits / Wellness Allowance
5. Tamwood students have had successful placements with Whistler Blackcomb, Four Seasons Hotel, Fairmont Hotel, Hilton, Caramba, Araxi etc.
“I really loved studying in the Hospitality Program, so after I graduated I extended my stay, so that I could study in the Food and Beverage Program. With my diplomas I successfully found a job at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler. ”
Diploma in Food and Beverage Co-op & Diploma in Hospitality, Service and Tourism Co-op
6. Students can Study + Work + Ski/Snowboard from November to May and study + work + hike/mountain bike in the summer. Students are eligible for the Tamwood Student Exclusive Season Lift Pass – a discounted pass that gives students unlimited access to all the lifts on both mountains.
Filed under: Uncategorized Comments: Comments Off on Six Reasons to Study in Tamwood Careers in Whistler